MECHANICS FOR THE FASHION FACE OFF 2011
This will be a competition among five representatives of highly acclaimed fashion schools in Manila. The five contestants chosen will be among many of those aspiring RTW fashion designers in the industry. The HYD Fashion Face Off challenge 2011 will be a 9 month long challenge where, if chosen, you will have to show off your skills as a designer of ready-to-wear clothing. There will be 3 quarters:
1. First Quarter: October – December 2011
2. Second Quarter: January – March 2012
3. Third Quarter: April – June 2012
4. Fourth Quarter: July - September: Looking for the next batch of designers and awarding of the 2011 winner
For each of the quarter given, you will have to create your own 10-piece fashion collection. You will have to create 4 variants for each piece (it may be various sizes or color or fabrics). The maximum cost per piece will be at Php 500. Markup for the pieces will be agreed upon by the designer and the business coach. All receipts should be kept by the designer and should be submitted to the business coach every check up period. All of these receipts should have an official receipt named to Hot Young Designers. If in case your supplier does not issue official receipts, please do look for a supplier that issues one.
The clothes will all be sold in a virtual store. At the end of the third quarter, the market/customers will determine the winner. How? The person with the most revenue generated for the entire 9 months will be declared the winner.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
1) You will not spend a single peso. We will give you a budget of Php 20,000 per quarter (half of it will be given at the start of each quarter and half of it will be given at the middle of the quarter). Aside from that, 10% of the earnings from the clothes that are sold will go to you as allowance for incidental expenses like travel, food, etc. Payout for this share will be given at the end of each quarter.
2) This will be a chance for you to start your own line. All items will be labeled: Hot Young Designers by your name
3) We will of course spend in advertising and marketing, thus launching you as an upcoming designer for this year.
4) In the process of the competition, you will be assigned a business coach. This coach will teach you skills in business and starting your new line on the business side.
5) And of course, you will get the chance to win Php 100,000 worth of prizes for you to start your new line.
Are you ready to take the challenge?
Are you the country’s most promising RTW designer?